Friday, December 18, 2009

A Time of Sadness




My inlaws with their grandchildren two years ago

My mother in law passed away Friday, December 11th in Florida.  She had breast cancer that had spread to her lungs and her lymph nodes and ended up in the hospital after being diagnosed with pneumonia.  We were hopeful that she could beat the pneumonia, return home and have more time with us before the cancer got worse....that was not to be.  She passed away knowing she was loved with her son holding her hand.

It's been an incredibly sad and difficult month for us all.  As in most times of sadness though, my husband's family bonded with each other, shared many memories and showed his mom that together we would be ok.

I returned home yesterday after more than a week away from my children.  My husband and father in law will be here on Sunday.  I'm trying today to get my life back in order, finish my tasks to create a somewhat happy Christmas at least for the children, as well as prepare to have my father in law with us for several weeks.  I hope to return to blogging after the new year.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment