I’m still trying to follow Cynthia Ewer’s Organized Christmas Countdown at Organized Christmas. This is actually Week 4 – Get Cooking Week, but I’m still working on Week 3 – Gifts and Giving Week. My Get Cooking Week isn’t going to happen until we get back from vacation after Thanksgiving. If I can get most of my shopping done by the end of the first week in December I’ll be thrilled. As I said in my last post the point is to keep chipping away at what needs to be done and not stress about being behind.
Tasks I’ve completed in the past two weeks are:
- Purchased Holiday Stamps
- Ordered Photo Calendars for Grandparents (already received)
- Started Selecting Photo’s for the Calendars
- Started Shopping (I’m making some headway here – more to follow)
- Emailed my Sister In-Law for gifts ideas for my Nephew and Niece
Tasks I need to complete this week/weekend are:
- Declutter Décor (remove Halloween and excess regular décor. We won’t be here for Thanksgiving so I’m going to skip decorating for it and will move onto Christmas Décor early)
- Establish Holiday Clothing Needs
- Inventory the Gift Box
- Buy a few supplies for my daughter’s homemade gifts and keep making them
- Get gift ideas for our parents – other than the grandparent type gifts
- Keep Shopping!!!!
- Plan my Baking and Gifts From my Kitchen Lists
Here are some of the deals I am working with:
- Kohl’s – 20% off entire purchase and I have $20.00 in Kohl’s Cash from shopping last week
- Toys R Us - $30.00 in Gift Cards from purchasing Hasbro Games and for purchasing over $75 in merchandise
- Amazon.Com - $20.00 in Gift Cards from Swagbucks
Check out Organized Christmas for great ideas on creating a low stress, high fun, frugal holiday for you and your family.