Thursday, April 23, 2009

A little background

I've been home now for almost 11 months after being laid off from a 20 year career with a major telecomm company. Most days I'm really cool with this....some days I'm totally terrified.

Today I swing back and forth. My unemployment runs out in one more week. I have recently collected my severance which consists of one year's pay after taxes. Our goal was to save as much of this lump sum as possible. My oldest child is in 1/2 day kindergarten and my youngest isn't even potty trained yet. I don't see it a great financial boon for me to go back to work full time with daycare costs and the fact that the income I was used to earning won't be attainable right now. Also my heart has really started lodging itself here at home.

I committed myself to babysitting the boys next door two days a week starting in two weeks - it keeps my kids out of daycare and will bring in a bit of money. There are 4 of them ages 11 months to 7 - add my two to the mix. I might be insane within a months time.

The name of my blog is really what my life is about right now....Finding My Way at Home. Trials and tribulations of potty training, grocery savings, laundry, finances, raising children and keeping my sanity.

Hello to all of you who share in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment