Monday, May 18, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - May 18


It's Monday again and orgjunkie.com is hosting Menu Plan Monday. I've worked out my menu for the week and next need to go to Shaw's for a few items for the week. Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week:
  • Monday - Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs, Rice Pilaf & Salad
  • Tuesday - Shredded BBQ Pork on Buns, Coleslaw & Baked Beans
  • Wednesday - Soup & Sandwich night (DH's golf night)
  • Thursday - Crockpot Pork Chops , Mashed Potatoes, Brocoli & Apple Sauce
  • Friday - Tacos & Rice
  • Saturday - Dinner at a party (YAAYY!!)
  • Sunday - Leftover Buffet

The BBQ pork is in the freezer from the boneless ribs I made last week. DH loved them....I put a spice rub on them, cooked them on high in the crockpot for 2 hours then covered the ribs with sliced apples, onions, a bit of apple juice and cooked on low for another 5 hours.

I made Rosemary chicken with roasted sweet potatoes last week which also got high marks from DH. I can't find the recipe so I sort of 'wung' it. I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts that I placed in the center of the roasting pan surrounded by sweet potatoes cut into approximately 1 inch cubes. The marinade was olive oil, rosemary, garlic, balsamic vinegar and and a little water. Toss everything in the marinade and roast until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment