Monday, July 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - July 26th


Last week’s menu went pretty well. I did end up skipping the cube steak and the kielbasa as we used up some leftovers those nights instead. This week our schedule isn’t quite nailed down so rather than planning for individual nights I’ve come up with a list of meals we can have and based on our plans for the day, I’ll pick and choose. I know that one night we’ll be meeting up with my brother in law and his family and we are also planning to spend a couple nights at the beach house weather pending. I’m heading out on Friday morning for a girl’s weekend in Hampton Beach, NH. I can’t wait – beach time, trashy magazines to read, nails to paint, shopping, fried dough, a nice dinner, cocktails and dancing ourselves silly. I’m sure my husband will be ordering pizza Friday night. I only needed to plan 3 dinners this week as well have breakfast, lunch and snack foods available.

Here’s what I plan on cooking this week:

Italian Marinated Split Chicken Breasts, Grilled Mixed Vegetables and Potatoes
Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Baked Beans and Corn on the Cob
BBQ Cubed Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Cucumber Salad

Breakfast will be cereal, waffles and yogurt.   For lunches we have tuna, leftovers, peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese and tossed salad.

For more menu ideas and links to recipes check this week’s Menu Plan Monday at I’m an Organizing Junkie.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. What is BBQ cube steak?
    Have a great weekend, it sounds like it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week - only three dinners AND a girls night out?!? Perfect!! Enjoy the time away :)

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MindingMomma - I take brown cube steak that has been dipped in flour then set it aside. In the same pan I saute onions, add BBQ sauce, put the cubed steak back in and let it simmer on very low for about an hour to hour and half - I add a little more bbq sauce or apple juice if the sauce starts to dry up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moderate Means - I really lucked out this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete