Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - February 8th


Last Week’s Menu Plan around Loss Leaders and Sales Items went pretty good. The Rosemary Chicken got a little dried out but that was a timing issue on my part. We love the sweet potatoes with rosemary – very tasty. The Quesadilla Surprise didn’t thrill my husband (I put kidney beans in there – he could have done without those!). The Crockpot BBQ Spareribs were very tasty but a little fatty and greasy. I think they could have either used more time in the oven before being put in the crockpot or time in the oven or on the grill after cooking in the crockpot. I also ended up substituting baked beans for the mashed potatoes that night as I was crunched for time after dancing lessons. However the leftover ribs were awesome in the Pork Fried Rice.

I won’t be grocery shopping this week so we’ll be eating from the freezer and pantry. Also we will be leaving a week from Tuesday to visit my Father in Law in Florida so I opted to plan my menu out through the Monday night before we leave.

Monday – Baked Ziti (from freezer), Sausage, Salad, Bread,

Tuesday – Grilled Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli

Wednesday – Soup and Sandwich Night

Thursday – Dance Lessons – Out to Eat Night....The 99 Restaurant with a coupon

Friday – Thyme Pork Cutlets, Pierogies, Applesauce, Green Beans

Saturday – Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Corn

Valentine Sunday – Steak, Mushrooms & Onions, Salad, Rolls, Dessert (Yet to be determined)

Monday – Use it Up Leftover Buffet

Check out Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie for more great menu ideas and recipe links.

No comments:

Post a Comment