Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Freezer Cooking - The Results


I've completed most of what I set out to do on my March Freezer Cooking Plan.  The following items are being stashed into the freezer today:

3 Containers of Spaghetti Sauce with Sausage and Meatballs
2 Containers of Turkey Stock
1/2 Turkey Breast

In addition the items I made from scratch to help stretch my pantry this week are:

Macaroni Salad
Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Cake Mix Cookies
Homemade Bread (1 loaf)
Turkey Pot Pie (dinner on Thursday)

I'm sorry I don't have photos but the battery in my digital camera has died and I haven't had the time or cash to get it replaced this week.   Payday is tomorrow so that's an item on my list for the weekend.

Next month I'd like to try to attempt more freezer cooking along the lines of what Crystal at Money Saving Mom and Fishmama at Life as Mom accomplish.   I think it will require a bit of advance planning and shopping on my part.   Not sure how well this month's grocery budget is going to support that but I'm going to give it a shot.  Check out both of their final freezer cooking results here and here - as well as check out the links and comments from others for great ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome freezer cooking day! I have yet to accomplish any of that. I'd like to try next month, maybe. I can't wait to try those banana chocolate chip muffins...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly. I'd really like to try to do more next month. It's nice to have easy meal fixings in the freezer - also to be able to pre cook things like waffles, baked goods, etc. I find that helps me save money as I don't buy the frozen or premade stuff at the store. My kids love the mini muffins...esp with the addition of mini choc chips!

    ReplyDelete